Return. Rewind. Renew.
This August, we’re calling all camp alumni to return to Staunton for a refreshing retreat. Recover from reality, reconnect with old friends, and revive your joy for a whirlwind weekend at the inaugural ASCOTS Assembly.
Avoid aimless activity and accelerate appropriate action: activate the anterior avatar (appellated “Admission Acquisition”) with absolute alacrity – allay adjournments, abjure all anger and anxiety, and ASSEMBLE! Admission available until attendance achieves the allotted abundance.
Assembly admission appraises at $300 per ASCOT.
(Acting with alacrity and affirming attendance ahead of April 1 and you could have accessed our $50 Anticipatory Airborne ASCOT Admission Abatement Award* – adjusting the actual amount of admission to $250. Alas, alack, you come too late.
Details are subject to change, but a few things are certain about the ASCOTS Assembly:
- You will collaborate with fellow ASCOTS to mount a (potentially abridged) Shakespeare production. Which means you will spend a significant amount of time in rehearsal each day.
- Just wait till you see how we’re handling casting.
- You will perform this production on the Blackfriars Playhouse Stage.
- At midnight.
- I’m dead serious.
- You will get Ralph’d to some degree, and Menzer’d to another.
- You will get to experience a more… “grown up” version of the post-show actor meet-and-greet.
- Try not to embarrass yourselves.
- You will come back to Staunton. And when you leave, another tiny part of you will remain in Staunton forever.
Thursday, August 10 – Arrive in Staunton
Early Arrivers’ BBQ
Friday, August 11
Orientation Breakfast and Casting
Lessons in Lecture with Dr. Ralph Alan Cohen
Rehearsal Observation: ASC resident troupe works on Henry VI, Part 3
Private Party with ASC resident troupe actors
Saturday, August 12
Farmer’s Market and Breakfast
Matinee performance of Love’s Labour’s Lost
Evening performance of Much Ado about Nothing
Playhouse pizza party
Sunday, August 13
Farewell Brunch & Learn with Dr. Paul Menzer
Matinee performance of Peter and the Starcatcher
Return to regularly scheduled life
*AKA Early Bird Discount. Get it?!!?! Clearly you didn’t, cuz it’s too late for that now!